Monday, June 18, 2012

Recipe: 100 Calorie Diet Coke Brownies

Today on Pinterest, which I'm quickly becoming addicted to, I saw a recipe for low calorie brownies. Now, I've heard many secrets for making low calorie brownies (from box mixes). There's the trick where you use apple sauce in place of vegetable oil. My friend Hannah has also substituted a can of black beans for ingredients to achieve that "fudgey" texture we all know and love.

So, I have heard of several healthy dessert substitutes. This trick, however, I've never ever heard of before.

The secret:


It's true. According to the recipe from Pinterest, one 12 oz can can be added to store bought mixes to achieve "Skinny Mini" brownies - without any altered taste-effects!

Ingredients:

  • A boxed brownie mix. (Your choice)
  • 1-12 ounce can of Diet Coke.
To Make:
  • Combine ingredients
  • Stir together
  • Bake as directed on box


The one precaution I'm seeing online is that you may need to add an additional 5-10 minutes of cook time to the brownies, depending on your oven, so watch them closely.

Nutrition facts for the recipe (using Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie mix) are as follows:

Serves: 20
Each Serving: 100 calories, 23 g Carbs, 1 g Fat

Has anyone tried this, readers? I think I'm going to give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment