- 8 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers (Or your favorite variety)
- 1 medium onion
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove all seeds and "ribs"
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, oil oil, garlic, (and salt and pepper if you like) until caramelized.
- Slice roast beef into strips and add to onion/mushroom mixture. Keep over flame for 5 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- Line the inside of each pepper half with a slice of provolone cheese
- Fill each pepper half with meat/mushroom/onion mixture
- Cover each pepper with second slice of provolone
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the slice of cheese on top has cooked to a golden brown.