Therefore, I present to you my "no-longer-secret" recipe for the world's most amazing dark chocolate liqueur mousse.
Just understand, dear readers, how much of a sacrifice to you this one is.... as now that I have given it to you, I can no longer use it in my campaign to take over the world. Yes, it's THAT good.
Oh, and there will be no nutrition facts posted. It's decadent chocolate mousse..... Do you actually want to know what you're consuming?
Stephanie's Dark Chocolate "World Domination" Mousse
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce butter (or margarine, if you're making this recipe parve)
- 2 TBS black coffee
- 2 TBS of the liqueur of your choosing -- I recommend orange, berry, coffee, or chocolate flavors
- Separate 6 eggs. Discard 1 yolk, so that you are left with 6 whites, and 5 yolks.
- Place chocolate and butter in a double boiler. As they begin to melt, add coffee.
- Whisk egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Once the chocolate and butter have melted, turn off the heat.
- Stir egg yolks and liqueur together in a separate bowl.
- Temper a bit of the chocolate/butter/coffee mixture into the egg yolks, (stirring so that eggs do not scramble). Then add the egg yolk mixture back to the rest of the chocolate mixture, stirring well.
- Once the chocolate and egg yolk mixtures are completely incorporated, fold in egg whites gently. Be careful not to over-mix or beat at this stage.
- Pour chocolate mousse into serving dishes and refrigerate until set.
|Picture from sheknows.com, since my recipe is too secret to ever have been caught on camera before|