I have a food scale, and I absolutely believe its been instrumental in my weight loss/maintaining success. Plus, they're extremely useful for avid bakers and chefs, as well. The scale has been marked down 80% from its $48.99 list price, so this one's a steal!
According to the site:
Electronic Kitchen Scale
This touch-sensitive scale helps you portion out ingredients such as ground beef, minced herbs, or chopped plastic fruit in pounds, ounces, or grams. The tempered-glass surface accommodates up to 11 lb.—or 5 kg—and it detects weights as low as 0.35 oz. with graduations of 0.05 ounces in between. These precise measurements render on a digital display with large, easy-to-read characters. The automatic-shutoff feature helps conserve the scale's built-in lithium-ion battery.
- Measures in pounds/ounces or kilograms/grams for European foods
- Touch-sensitive on/off/tare and unit controls
- Digital display with large numbers
- 0.11" tempered-glass surface
- Max. capacity: 11 lb. (5 kg)
- Min. capacity: 0.35 oz.
- Graduation: 0.05 oz. (1 gram)
- Built-in lithium-ion battery (CR2032)
- Low-battery and overload indicators
- Automatic shutoff
- Dimensions: 6.5"x1"x9"