Fall is pumpkin season, but before you reach for a pumpkin spiced latte (5 WW Points for a tall!) -- try this soup to warm you up.
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt [or salt substitute]
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups reduced sodium, fat free broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated fat free milk
- 6 TBS plain fat free Greek yogurt
- In a large pot, heat oil. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the rest of the spices, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in broth and pumpkin. Bring to just a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. For thinner texture, add more broth.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with yogurt.
Each Serving: 104 calories, 14 g carbs, 3 g fat, 7 g protein, 3 g fiber, 3 WW Points Plus