Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I Dreamed a Dream.... of Chopped?!

A few nights ago, I had a dream I was a contestant on Chopped. I honestly don't remember what ingredients were in my appetizer and entree baskets, but my dessert needed to include:

  • Chocolate
  • Mango
  • Orange
  • Celery
Honestly, if I'd been given these ingredients in real life and told to create in 30 minutes, I don't know what I would do. But in the dream, I decided to make "Dessert Nachos".

First, I went to the pantry for flour tortillas, which I cut up, salted, and threw in the oven to crisp up into chips. Then I chopped up the chocolate and put it on a double boiler to melt. Finally, I chopped up the mango, orange, and celery and marinaded them with fresh mint, tequila, and a bit of rum -- so that the end result was a salsa of sorts. Finally, I took my tortilla chips out of the oven, and drizzled my melted chocolate over the chips. 

Before everyone gets too excited, I woke up before I finished the dream -- so I don't even know if my plates were done by the time the buzzer sounded. I like to think I won, though.

To be honest, I almost want to try to make my dish in real life, just to see how it would've tasted. Hmmmm could make a great Manfriend Taste Test video.....


3 comments:

  1. tequila? and rum? and chocolate orange sauce?? i am all over that. doooooo thissss =] i will gladly volunteer again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, that sounds really good! I can imagine dipping a chocolatey tortilla into that fresh salsa, maybe with a little creme fraiche instead of sour cream. I'm down.

    I once, in a dream, made a trout pie (trout fillets baked into a pie of roasted eggplant, peppers, and onions), and then in real life made the same trout pie, and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete