But why stop there? Get creative, foodies! Greek yogurt can add a creamy protein boost to sauces, soups, marinades -- the list goes on and on.
Here's a few ideas/recipes to get you started.
- Use Greek yogurt on your sandwich -- Skip the mayo, and spread yogurt with a touch of fresh herbs onto a BLT or Turkey on whole wheat
- Use Greek yogurt in a tzatziki sauce-- with Greek spiced kebabs and pita
- Combine yogurt with bold spices (paprika, black pepper, chili powder and cumin) to make a tangy marinade for meats.
- Take advantage of Greek Yogurt's "tang" -- and use it in place of sour cream on baked potatoes and Mexican-inspired dishes
- Try Greek Yogurt in creamy Alfredo dishes for a much healthier heavy cream substitute
- Mix yogurt with sugar-free chocolate syrup for a guilt-free fruit dip at parties
- Add jam and fresh fruit (and a touch of sweetener if you'd like). Serve chilled for a healthy but sweet treat
- Add a few spoonfuls to crushed avocados, cilantro, and jalapenos for a creamier guacamole.
- Use Greek yogurt in place of fats during baking -- see chart below for hints and conversions