- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt substitute
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 TBS Parmesan cheese
- Put pine nuts into a dry skillet and heat over a low flame, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Careful not to burn them! Once they are done, set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and use a strainer to squeeze out the excess water.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick spray and put over medium heat until the surface of the skillet is warm.
- Add the grated zucchini and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in salt substitute, pepper, and lemon zest, and garlic powder. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to serving dish and stir in pine nuts and cheese.
Each Serving: 80 calories, 5g carbs, 6g fat, 4g protein, 614mg potassium, 67mg sodium
- If you slice the zucchini into longer strips instead of grating it, the dish takes on more of a "spaghetti" texture.
- My friend suggested that this dish begs for a bit of a cream sauce. If you choose to do so, I would recommend no more than 1-2 TBS of light sour cream, just to mimic an Alfredo sauce.