Breakfast Egg "Cupcakes"
- 12 Eggs
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Morton's Salt Substitute
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together and add mushrooms, peppers, and cheese. ***You can use whatever vegetables or meats you'd like -- just keep in mind that the calorie counts provided will be different if you do.
- Season egg and vegetable mixture with salt substitute and pepper.
- Spray a 12-count cupcake pan with nonstick spray, and distribute the egg mixture evenly.
- Cook 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture is no longer runny.
- Pull egg cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool. As they cool, the eggs will finish cooking completely.
From here, I usually put them in a Ziploc and freeze them, so that I can grab them as I need them. If you want to beef up the recipe, feel free to add liquid egg whites to the mix, or additional vegetables. And they're so healthy, so you can easily grab two!
Per Serving: 100 calories, 2g carbs, 6g fat, 8g protein, 392 mg potassium, and 122 mg sodium